Saturday, February 27, 2010

Blogging my Fifties

Hello everyone and welcome! I am on a journey through my 5th decade on this Earth-WOW! Half a century and still going strong. Of course, that is fairly common; people are living longer with a higher quality of life today more than ever before. I read somewhere that pioneer women lived to the ripe old age of 32, if they were lucky. Yikes!

I decided to write about my fifties because of the weirdness. I mean, I'm too young to be old and too old to be young. And that's weird. I haven't felt this confused about my place in the big picture since I was 15 years old. So I decided to keep this journal-of thoughts and activities, travels and temptations, fears and joys-for my own personal therapy.

I invite you all to travel with me on this journey. You are certainly welcome! I intend to write openly and honestly about being 5 decades old. You can expect fun mixed with frustrations and a generous sprinkling of joy, with only a dash of sorrow now and then (please God). And maybe you will see or hear something of yourself and your journey within my own. And maybe, just maybe, we can help each other along the way.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha...go Kathy:D...its nice to know you're happy and frisky at 50 with a loving and close knit family!*touchwood*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, Lucy. I like the word "frisky". it's a good, intriguing word and just might apply to me. We'll see....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should be interesting. I might remember a few pointers for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading, Sugar! Keep in touch, okay?

    ReplyDelete