Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Late Night Ramblings


It's so HOT and humid here in June and July! Oklahoma has some extremes in weather conditions. We had a snow storm on the first day of Spring this year, and of course, there are the tornadoes to contend with almost year round.

But I can't complain about the heat...I am definitely a summer person! The feel of the warm sun on my skin is like a life giving force to me.

My roses are blooming again...they are so beautiful and fragrant. Sometimes it's the simple things that make life special.

Hubby has been told by his company that he will be getting some work soon. That is a relief! He has never been laid off for this long before. My job search continues but, so far, no luck. I am thinking about going back into nursing.

My birthday was spent quietly with Sam (my Hubby) watching movies and eating comfort foods. I am happy to be another year older. Life is so sweet!

Father's Day was sad for me. We lost our Dad to cancer several years ago. I always wish that I could see my Dad just one more time and tell him that I love him. There never seems to be enough time to know and love people enough, does there?

Two days before Sam and I married, my Dad was sitting with me at the dining room table and he said something to me that I've never forgotten. He said, "Life isn't all sunshine and roses,"

Of course, being a teenager, I just rolled my eyes and thought, "okay, Dad, whatever." But Dad was right. Life isn't all sunshine and roses. I found that out very quickly.

Still, I have planted rose bushes in the garden/yard of every home we have had in the last 35 years.

I can't control the sunshine...but I can have the roses!

Thank you, God, for the roses.

8 comments:

  1. I expect I would melt in the Oklahoma heat and I just manage to go out in British weather!

    Your Roses look great, it must be wonderful to enjoy gardening and not treat it as a chore like I do. I'm pleased you had a nice quiet day with hubby.

    I lost my Dad in 95 and I miss him terribly. Dads are always there for advice and a quiet word and I miss that. I'm sure your dad looks out for you even now. Hugs. Mart

    ReplyDelete
  2. You yourself are a hardy rose; beautiful and strong, holding up to the storms of life. I am sorry to hear about your Dad. I know how painful that can be. Yes, life isn't always sunshine and roses. Love this post, it is awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mart, yes, sometimes I seem to feel my Dad close to me. Thanks for reading...((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie...thanks for your comments. I read a poem of yours tonight that touched me so much...please keep writing!!...((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am posting this comment July 7th. It is hot. The news said 98 degrees today 99 tomorrow. I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you Aunt Kat! I can't wait to come home and see you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you too...come see me soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your roses are beautiful. I just came in from outside and working in my garden. It's in the 90's here today and it's just too hot to work outside for any length of time. I don't have a green thumb...more lkie a brown one, but I keep trying. Now if I can keep everything alive in this heat...

    ReplyDelete