Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Catching Up


I spent the month of July in Pryor with Sam and I am behind on my Blog reading and writing. So I will be playing catch up for the next few days. I certainly did miss my computer but there was no Internet in the little RV park we were in.

Now that I'm back home, I am catching up on some errands...paying bills, taking my van in for some work, seeing friends and relatives, etc. I am enjoying "puttering" around the house. It is very relaxing.

The actual temperature today was 105 degrees here! I went out around 3 o'clock to water the chickens and saw that 4 of them were out of the pen. Not sure how they are getting out but Dickens (our 11 year old Brussels Griffon pictured above, and yes, his tongue does hang out like that all the time) was able to run all of them back in but one. It's just so hot here that we couldn't stay out too long chasing chickens...so that last hen is on her own for now.

I wonder about those chickens...they are smart enough to get out of the pen when the gate is closed, but not smart enough to go back in when the gate is open! Even with Dickens herding them they ran right past the open door...silly biddies. They also haven't started laying any eggs yet. If I were to put an empty KFC bucket in the pen, do you think they would get the message?

To my Blogger friends, I will be stopping by your Blogs soon to catch up on all your news. Until then, happy typing and...((Hugs))

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! I know the feeling, mom! Marilyn went on "strike" after we sent Madison to her new home and didn't lay for over a month! Silly biddies, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, she was lonesome, Sis! I still haven't gotten that last chicken back in. So I put food and water out for her close to the pen. I'm sure she will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dog he is precious! Glad you are back. It is always nice to have a vacation and get away, but it is always nice to get back home and sleep in your own bed. Hope you have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    welcome to my blog
    gsystime.blogspot.com
    Read for Universal knowledge and spiritual information
    Thanks
    Nagaraju

    read for english jan and feb-10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! May God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete